For over 70 years, Ledcor and our employees have been committed to supporting the local communities where we do business by investing dollars, sharing expertise, and providing skills training. Our goal is to leave a positive legacy in everything we do - socially, environmentally, and financially.
Embedded in our culture is the 'Ledcor Cares' spirit – a desire to assist others in need and to help move our communities forward by coming together for organizations that have a place in our hearts.
Over the past 10 years, Ledcor has contributed over $24 million to more than 300 charities across North America, with a key focus on children’s health and increasing access to post-secondary and trades education.
Our employees continue to be the driving force behind many of our community efforts, including support for our annual employee campaign which raised over $1.6 million for over 200 charities across North America.
These dollars provide important resources to:
- 26 pediatric hospitals from San Diego to Edmonton and Hawaii to Newfoundland, ensuring the best possible care for sick and injured children.
- 13 Make a Wish chapters who grant wishes to children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy.
- 42 United Way chapters who provide front-line services for children, families, and seniors with a hand-up not a hand-out.
- 19 Boys & Girls Clubs / Big Brothers Big Sisters chapters who provide mentoring and after school programs for children and youth so they have the tools to be successful in school and life.
- 10 Foodbanks who provide food supplies for families in crisis and in need.
- Various organizations specializing in causes such as JDRF, Crohn’s and Colitis, Down Syndrome, and Autism.
- Many local charities such as Covenant House, Little Warriors, Youth Empowerment and Support Services (YESS), New Opportunities for Women (NOW), Canuck Place, and Nevada Partnerships for Homeless Youth.
Throughout the year, Ledcor and our employees also supported many charities by participating in fundraising events, volunteering thousands of hours, and raising hundreds of thousands of dollars for organizations such as the Kids Help Phone
, Kids With Cancer
, Pediatric Oncology Group of Ontario
, Trevor Korol Scholarship Fund
, Heart & Stroke Foundation, and Movember
, as well as hosting a variety of toy drives
during the holiday season.
Ledcor continues to be a strong supporter of BC Children's Hospital, donating over $7 million
to date, including a $5 million gift to name the emergency department at the new BC Children’s Hospital which opened in 2017.
On-going support is also provided to Junior Achievement of BC and Northern Alberta
to promote entrepreneurial skills amongst high school youth, and to Ronald McDonald House of Northern Alberta to fund a weekly healthy lunch program
We also support the industries where we do business through investment in professional development, sustainability, training, and sponsorship, as well as providing scholarships
to skilled trades programs and funding important industry research such as the establishment of the Ledcor Group Applied Research Chair
in Oil Sands Environmental Sustainability at the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (NAIT) and the University of Alberta Ledcor Professor in Construction Engineering. We are as well proud to have donated $250,000 to the University of Alberta’s new David and Joan Lynch School of Engineering Safety and Risk Management
(ESRM). As the first of its kind in Canada, the University’s new program integrates safety and risk management into the curriculum of all its engineering students.
Together, these initiatives reflect one of Ledcor’s core values of sustainability – balancing people, planet, and profit.
Learn More About How We Care